French floral design went through many changes and styles during the Baroque period. During the Empire period, military symbolism was often used in arrangements, along with emblems and figures associated with
the emperor. Joséphine Bonaparte (or known as Joséphine de Beauharnais) was influential during this time. The French Empress was the first wife of Emperor Napoleon I.
A unique Consular and Empire style at the Château de Malmaison was created by Joséphine and artistic advisors. The Château de Malmaison was noted for its rose garden. The French love affair with roses and flowers was romanticised by Joséphine and is still admired throughout the world today.
To celebrate French May 2023, we collaborate again with Dr. Solomon Leong. Besides making a beautiful floral bouquet that is inspired by Bonaparte and her encounters in the Château de Malmaison, Dr. Leong and his professional team will talk about the relationship between floral design and French history. The Empire-style bouquet that would be created will incorporate elements of France and florals that symbolise beauty and love. Afterwards, Parfumerie Trésor would hand-pick a scent to spray on the bouquet, a scent as elegant as roses to further complement the bouquet itself.
Instructor: SOLOMON BLOEMEN^ and his floral team
^About Dr. Solomon Leong (Workshop Instructor)
As a doctor of philosophy in cultural studies, Dr. Solomon Leong’s extensive knowledge of cultures and history in relation to floral art has turned him into a successful commentator of floral designs. His unique approach to floral styles and aesthetics has made him a regular contributor in fashion and lifestyle magazines such as Elle, Cosmopolitan, and Marie Claire.
Dates: 4, 18 May (Thu) & 14, 28 May (Sun) 2023
HK$ 780 per person including all materials for making a French bouquet (size 12-15cm)*
* HK$200 redeemable towards spending of $1,000 or more in a single transaction on the same day of workshop.
* The workshop is conducted in Cantonese and small groups.
* Spaces are limited, and are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
– The above discount offer can only be used once and in one transaction only;
– The above discount offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions or discount offers;
– Parfumerie Trésor reserves the final right of decision should there be any dispute on the above discount offer.